An Internationally Acclaimed Documentary Film
Documentary / 16mm / 60 minutes
Directed and Produced by Lili Schad & Grant Washburn, Edited by Lili Schad
Mavericks is a feature adventure documentary about the discovery and conquest of the world’s largest surfable wave, located just north of Half Moon Bay, California. Praised by the Honolulu Press as “…a new kind of surf film…with crossover appeal beyond the world of surfing,“ Mavericks explores the fury of a 60 foot wall of water and the passion of the men who risk their lives to ride it. With footage of Mark Foo’s tragic last ride and the biggest year ever – El Nino.
Released theatrically in theatres nationwide. Distributed internationally. Aired on PBS.
• Official Selection, Taos International Film Festival (2001)
• Official Selection, Tahoe International Film Festival (2000)
• Official Selection, Hawaii International Film Festival (1999)
• Official Selection, San Francisco Asian Film Festival (1999)
• Official Selection, Film Arts Film Festival San Francisco (1998)